Huge thanks to The Daily Dish for this amazing recipe!
So, I decided to do bbq in the crockpot yesterday and was really craving some cornbread to go along with it, but the last time I made cornbread it was really dry and just made a mess when the kiddos were eating it. So, that got me Googling! I came across what appeared to be the best of both worlds with this sweet cornbread recipe, and once I read the reviews, I knew I just had to make it. Now, I did tweak the recipe just a bit to make it a bit healthier and it came out just fine. This is a definite keeper. Enjoy!
Moist Cornbread Recipe:
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1⅓ c. sugar – I used 1 cup
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup. melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons. honey
- 4 eggs, beaten – I used 3
- 2½ cups whole milk – I used 2 cups 2% and 1/2 cup whole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in the vegetable oil, melted butter, honey, beaten eggs, and milk, and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. (I had to bake for 50 mins) Watch the cornbread towards the end, you want it to be turning golden and starting to show some cracks.
- Remove from oven, serve warm with butter or honey or simply plain. It’s amazing!