The Thieving Bear

Couponing for the Real World

The Thieving Bear - Couponing for the Real World

What I’ve Found Out About Shaw’s/SavingStar

SavingStar

Okey dokey Shaw’s shoppers. While Shaw’s is saying one thing and SavingStar is saying another, I have a phone number that we all can call to request this new key tag thingy.  From what I have gathered, up until this point, it will be much like using your rewards key tag, but it’s for our SavingStar savings. I will be requesting mine in a little bit, so I will report on any bugs, if any, that I find. You can request yours by calling 877-932-7948. There are tons of new SavingStar eCoupons that have come out, so I will be addressing those with you once I have my new key tag and am able to test it out for myself.

• Carmen says:

I requested mine at the end of last week and got it yesterday. They were very quick and helpful. It is the upromise/albertsons key tag. I have not tried it yet. You will need to change your savingstar account number. That is why I have not tried it yet, waiting for my savingstar rewards to go through.

July 2, 2013 at 8:10 am
    • thethievingbear says:

Yes, I don’t blame you there. I will reach out to SavingStar later on today to see if balances can be transferred. Stay tuned!

July 2, 2013 at 8:20 am
      • SamanthaRey says:

I’m not sure why you mentioned transferring a SavingStar balance. The instructions I got with my new key fobs were to add it to my existing account (I assumed like another store card for Shaw’s). SavingStar lets you have multiple store cards under one account so I kept my old Shaw’s card number on there just in case I have a deal on my old card that hasn’t posted yet.

I’m a bit anxious about using this card for the first time, So I plan to keep my receipt the first time I use it. Just until I know that it’s working with the program.

July 2, 2013 at 11:02 am
        • thethievingbear says:

Ahhh. Ok. I thought we had to open up new accounts alltogether. Thanks for clarifying that for me! I would keep the receipt as a just in case, I will do that as well.

July 2, 2013 at 11:17 am
          • Kara says:

Hi,
            You will register the new UPromise keytag you receive under your SavingStar account as a Shaw’s card. You will not need to transfer any balances, or feel as though you need to wait until your other offers redeem before you add the additional card. I would recommend adding the new offers to your account as soon as possible (Especially Nestle!) to ensure they are not sold out before you get to activate them on your account.

July 2, 2013 at 10:27 pm
          • thethievingbear says:

Thanks Kara! I called yesterday and will hopefully get my key tag soon!

July 3, 2013 at 9:14 am
  • DeeAnn Dubois says:

thanks! I just ordered mine and the associate advised that once it arrives to so to savingstar and make sure it is properly linked with the new card. I also mentioned to her what Price Chopper is doing with the shaws cards. I also told her that turning my card into Price Chopper is more of an incentive to me, as I do not drink soda, and have no interest in the 99 cent soda coupon they are offering to turn in the card at Shaws.

July 2, 2013 at 8:11 am
    • thethievingbear says:

Great! Let me know if you find any hiccups and I will do the same :)

July 2, 2013 at 8:19 am